Friday, August 1, 2014

Shape Up For the Holidays

I don't know about you, but for me the easiest time to *shape-up* is during beautiful summer weather when I get get outside to walk all over town.  So this week, we're also going to Shape-Up for the Holidays ... which means we're making *shaped cards* ... any shape but a square or rectangle is fair game.

Stephanie says, "As I was searching through my stash for a shape-up idea, I saw this neglected Christmas Tree embossing folder.  I originally tried embossing on patterned metallic paper, but the embossed texture got lost in the pattern ... however when I turned over the image, I realized there was a gorgeous metallic cream on the back, so I used the de-bossed side for my Christmas Tree shaped card.  I hand cut around the tree, and then hand-cut my card base to form a border.  The final step was decorating my tree with multi-colored *lights* and adding a glittery star on top."



Lauren says, "A few years ago, I started sending individual cards to all of our nieces and nephews, both actual and honorary. Since this includes several groups of siblings, it's important that each card be different... but that they're all recognizably equal! This year I decided to make ornaments, in four basic shapes. I used a range of older papers by Basic Grey because I love the way their collections coordinate perfectly, and added a selection of flower and snowflake embellishments attached with decorative brads. My goal was to produce a mailable set that resembled a box of fancy vintage ornaments, and I'm pretty pleased with the results!"


We can't wait to see what creative shapes you create.

Link up your shapely masterpieces before 6pm (EDT) on Wednesday, August 13th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:14:16.


3 comments:

Irene said...

I am on vacation this week, so I will not be able to share a shape card. I hope to see some other examples soon though!

Marie Bingaman said...

Sweet! With my Cameo, this will be a cinch!! :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous cards! lauren and steph, you must have so much patience to create these beautiful projects!!