Friday, February 6, 2015

In Great Shape

We're still getting in shape for the holidays at Jingle Belles ... no jumping jacks or wind sprints required ... just making cards that are shaped (no squares or rectangles).

Here's what we created this week.



Lauren says, "I think we've had a shaped-card challenge every year we've done JINGLE BELLES, and every time we do someone makes a fabulous gingerbread house and I think, "Darn! Why didn't I think of that?!" So this time, I did, lol! Of course, when I formulated this plan I was assuming that somewhere in my collection of digital kits I had a gingerbread house I could use as a template. As it turned out, no, I didn't. But really, all you need is a slightly wonky house shape with a door, two windows, a slanty roof and a chimney; and since we all drew those in grade school, I decided I could probably just wing it. The best part, of course, was adding all the candy bits as embellishments!" (For the record, this time I've done a proper card that opens... the hinge is at the top of the chimney!)



Stephanie says, "I wanted to decorate a Christmas tree with designer paper scraps from Pebbles Home for Christmas collection.  I traced my tree card base with the fold along the left side of the tree.  I attached paper scraps, and then I flipped it over and trimmed along the base.  I *decorated* with a snowflake sticker for a *star* and an SRM Sticker sentiment before attaching my wood grain paper tree trunk."

Link up your own gorgeous holiday shaped-card masterpieces here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, February 11th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:15:03.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Wonderful cards! Love the tree and that house looks yummie!