Friday, December 1, 2017

Heavy Metal Holiday

We're still loving ALL the metals: gold, silver, copper... whether they are shiny or matte, glittery or plain, stamped, diecut, embossed or in any other way you'd care to use them! You still have plenty of time to share your metallic masterpieces, too, just scroll down to the original post for all the details and the linking tool.

Meanwhile, here's what we made this week:


Lauren says, "I'm quite smitten with Idea-Ology Kraftcore Metallic Cardstock, so I've embossed, sanded and used it as my background panel. (A concept i was 100% happy with, until it came time for photographs; yowza that stuff is SHINY!) I also love my gloriously dramatic Prussian Blue ColorBurst from Ken Oliver Crafts, which I've painted onto watercolor paper and then later added copper accents in the form of embossing paste for the larger ornament and a diecut poinsettia on the smaller one. I've trimmed the baubles with Eyelet Outlet bling strip hangers, a pearl brad, and there's a bit of glitter copper tape peeking out in the background there, too."




Stephanie says, "This week I let my golden metallic designer paper do most of the work.  All I had to add was a glittery gold die cut sentiment & some gold sequins for accents to complete the design ... easy-peasy."

Remember you have until Wednesday, December 6th at 6pm EST to link up your metallic marvels.